From The Commander
I would like all Post members to keep Post member Joe Young and his family in your thoughts and prayers. On August 23rd Joe’s Father, Michael Young passed away unexpectedly while on a trip out of state. Joe was scheduled to BBQ at the POST that night. I was very proud to see several members “step up” and help make the dinner a success. Special thanks to Linda Caldwell, Gina Pecoraro, Pat Finney, Noel Bossen and Al Lucero for their help with the BBQ.
There are several events coming up at the Post in the next several weeks (see newsletter). Please try to attend and/or help those working at the events and dinners.
John Stankewicz, Commander
VFW POST 541
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Always put the interests of our members first
- Treat donors as partners in our cause
- Promote patriotism
- Honor military service
- Ensure the care of veterans and their families
- Serve our communities
- Promote a positive image of the VFW
- Respect the diversity of veteran opinions
Please read the online calendar of upcoming events and keep coming down to support those who are cooking and making a difference.
Your Post Officers
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for Veterans, Post Members & Supporters.
Post 541 is a non-smoking post!
(A comfortable smoking room with large TV is available.)
Monthly Happenings: (view the Calendar)
- 1st Thursday of each month Pre-Meeting Dinner 5pm
- 2nd Friday Each Month Fish Friday 4:30pm – 6pm
- Saturday – $1.00 Drafts
- Sunday Poker Night – $15.00 buy-in 4:00pm
- Sundays and Wednesdays – Free Pool All Day
- Saturday September 2 – 11:00 am $1.00 Draft Beers
- Sunday September 3 – Free Pool
4:00 pm Poker night
- Monday September 4 – Free Pool
11:00 am Labor Day BBQ & Band
Description: All proceeds go to the “Building Fund”.
- Tuesday September 5 – 5:300 pm House Committee Meeting
- Wednesday September 6 – Free Pool.
4:30 pm – Gina’s Chicken Enchiladas
Description: $9/plate Rice & Beans
- Thursday September 7 – 6:00 pm Post Meeting
- Friday, September 8
4:30 pm – Fish Friday $9/plate
- Saturday, September 9
7:30am – Cooties Breakfast
11:30am $1 Draft Beers
- Sunday, September 10 Free Pool
8:00am – Cooties Breakfast
4:00pm – Poker night
- Wednesday, September 13 Free Pool
4:30 pm – Aux stuffed bell peppers
6:00 pm – ABATE meeting
- Thursday, September 14 – 5:00 pm – NALC Meeting
- Saturday, September 16
10:00am – Cooties Meeting
11:30am – $1 Draft Beers
- Sunday, September 17 – Free Pool
4:00 pm – Poker night
- Wednesday, September 20 – Free Pool
4:30 pm – MOCA Dinner
- Friday, September 22
Stand-down- Frontier Village
- Saturday, September 23
Stand-down Frontier Village
11:30 am – $1 Draft Beers
- Sunday, September 24 – Free Pool
4:00 pm – Poker night
- Wednesday, September 27 – Free Pool
4:30 pm – Aux All you can eat spaghetti
Description: $7 pasta and $1 for meatballs
- Saturday, September 30
11:30 am – $1 Draft Beers
5:00 pm – Aux Steak Dinner & Dance
Description: $15/single $25/couple Presale ONLY
Monthly Meetings at the Post:
- Post Meeting 1st Thursday of the Month 6pm
- Auxiliary Last Monday of the month @ 5pm
- Cooties Meeting 3rd Saturday of the Month 10am
- House Committee will always meet the Tuesday before the Post Meeting at 5:30pm.
- ABATE meetings 2nd Wednesdays of month
- NALC meetings 2nd Thursdays of the month.
VFW POST 541 QUEEN OF HEARTS MONDAYS at 6:30 pm 202 N. Arizona Av., Prescott, AZ Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5. You will need to be a VFW, VFW Auxiliary, American Legion or American Legion Auxiliary member to play. You need not be present to win. If you are not present a.. read more →
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 541 Open Golf Tournament – Saturday May 6th, 2017 7:00 AM Showtime and 8:00 AM Shotgun Start Scramble Format All Players will use 3 drives each The day’s play will be a four-person scramble. In this format everyone will hit his/her own tee shot. The Team will then select the.. read more →
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 541 6th Annual Open Golf Tournament || Saturday May 6, 2017 The Bucky O’Neill VFW Post 541 is the oldest continuously active Post in the State of Arizona. We are now operating in our 95th year and will be hosting our annual golf tournament on Saturday May 6th 2017. We.. read more →
Veterans Helping Veterans
You Are Important: Bucky O'Neill VFW Post 541 Prescott Arizona is grateful for the generosity of each of our donors. Your concern for our veterans is a major asset in our continuing work and efforts to assist veterans and our communities with medical, homelessness and family concerns. We support our Northern Arizona Veterans Hospital patients, many of whom who have no family but us, and yes, you, through your generosity. Make a difference. Donate today!
Subscribe: Stay Updated!
VFW Post 541
- 202 N Arizona Av., Prescott. AZ
- Contact Form